Saturday, June 17, 2006

This is the frame I made for a co-worker's daughter's painting. It was a lot of fun to make as I could incorporate tiles with dragonfly stamps as well as a couple of tiny dragonfly beads. The picture was 16"x20" and I could vary my tile colors to match the variety of colors in it while not drawing the eye too far from the painting itself.

In other news, I decided to seek other work about a month ago, found a great job at another civil engineering firm and just began training my replacement at the current job. I'm really a pretty silent person and 8 hours of transferring my knowledge was way more talking than I'd done in recent past. Colleen is a very capable replacement and I hope we can continue to be friends.

My niece Allison graduated from high school this year and her family had a family & friends get-together last weekend. She has a Serbian boyfriend and they are leaving tomorrow for 2 months in Belgrade. They assure us that there is no more trouble over there and they'll be ok. I hope so.

I made this picture frame for her as she has lots of photos of the two of them needing framing.

I bought 2 new roses last week and actually got them into the ground before they died, often the result of a spur-of-the-moment purchase.

Well I guess that's all for today.

1 comment:

MichelleDennis said...

Hi Laura,
It's been a while since I've visited your site! I thought I would send Cynthia a link to your page; i told her about it when she was here today.

Looks good. I'll see you tomorrow.

Michelle