Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I had a full summer in 2011.  In June, I had a garden window installed in my kitchen.

My grandson, Dante, helped me remove a large andromeda from under the window-when I pulled it out he said "Wow Grandma, you're the Hulk" (the root ball was really shallow and dry). My backyard rosebed was coming along well:

I happened to drive past two of my previous houses and was pleased with the way the yards had aged.  Our house on 13th in Beaverton (moved out1976):

The house was grey then.  All my original plantings. Right before Ben was born.

The house on Sumac Lane in Aloha-I owned for 12 years:
Most of my original roses plus a much better fence on the side.  It was tan when I lived there.

I was so happy it was still there.

Cedar deadora was 6-7 feet tall when I left.  The weeping Atlantic Spruce next to the car wrapped across the front & I angled it back toward the fence 15 feet or so.  I think they trimmed that part back. Next time I'll ask to photo the backyard.

Moving on:  Here's another painting from my Suzi Blu classes:

Some more pug photos from October:

Cody

Teddy
My house is very doggy........
I went to Art & Soul the first of October & took some photos of hats entered in the competition with the theme of "Into the Garden".  Most were outstanding.  I happened to be creatively challenged this year & did not enter.



Birds & nests were featured on many.

Photos from the Washington County Artists Open Studio Tour in November:







and from the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse Bazaar in December with my sister Marilyn:




WHOOEY it was cold in that tent.  There was a heat pump that came on from time to time but I kept my coat on the whole time.  I sold enough to pay for my booth fee. We were right next to the bar so had lots of traffic.  Watch for us next year.
Hope to post some pics of new grandbaby soon.  See ya later.

No comments: