Tuesday, May 16, 2006



I'm taking a short breather here from packing up at my office to move this weekend-what a huge job-and it's abnormally hot for this time of the year. My little pug was so overheated last night I couldn't hear the TV over him. (A poor joke as the heat can be dangerous to pugs). The boys love ice cubes so I broke some out and it seemed to help.

Thought I'd share my contribution to the Artfest 2006 gallery show. The theme was "Curious Creatures and Mysterious Mortals". I made the face using paper clay which air dries over a base of styrofoam. When he was dry I applied thin slices of polymer clay cane to the face. As he started to gain personality, I decided big floppy ears would suit and then the idea to have him peeking out from his forest hideaway. I crafted his fingers over wire armatures, stapled fern fronds to a background of moss glued to a slice of tree and he was ready to go.

I've been commissioned by a fellow employee to create a polymer clay tile frame for a painting of a fairy and dragonflies done by his 15-yr-old daugher. I'll post when it's done.
That's all for now!

No comments: